Model helicopters can be used for taking pictures and video from the air. At the simplest a small video camera, or still camera in continuous shooting mode, is attached to the helicopter and the helicopter flown in the general vicinity of the scene to be recorded.
More sophisticated schemes involve triggering the camera via a switch on the radio; the use of remotely controllable pan and tilt mounts, and ultimately using a live video downlink to allow the picture to be composed remotely.
Helicopter stabilization and autopilot electronics are often used to help control the helicopter precisely.
- AP Landing Aerial photography forum.
- Askman AP Manufacturers of helicopter aerial photography camera mounts;
- PhotoShipOne camera mounts;
- Airfoil camera mounts;
- Aerial videography and photography forum on Helifreak;
- AP book;
- FlycamOne v2 purpose designed lightweight camera.
- Aerial video demonstration.
- Many thoughts about helicopter AP.
- 808 Keychain camera reviews
Share your opinion