From RC Helicopter Wiki
Popular online video series by Bob 'Finless' White featuring RC helicopter kit reviews, flights and most importantly detailed construction guides covering the most popular helicopters as well as general high interest topics. The videos are officially hosted on Helifreak, and require a Helifreak account to be able to download them. If you wish to download the videos by using the direct links on this page, you should first go to Helifreak, log in and then return here.
Following is a list of some of the videos, along with descriptions of their contents.
'101' Series of introductory videos
- Types of threadlock;
- Where to use, where not to use;
- How to use.
- Proper link tightness;
- Ball link pliers;
- Link polarization;
- Resizing links with a resizing tool.
CCPM setup 101
Using the Trex 450SEV2 as an example.
- Part 1
- Part 2
- Servo end points;
- What is a curve, and how they control servos;
- Exponential demo;
- Simulating reducing end points;
- Radio programming differences;
- Linear curves for setup;
- Idle up linear pitch curves (with negative pitch);
- Normal mode pitch curves for beginners;
- Use of pitch gauge;
- Matching upper parts of normal and idle up pitch curves; switching flight modes;
- Throttle curves; matching to pitch curves;
- Idle up 'V' throttle curves;
- Suggested pitch and throttle curve values.
Demonstration of dual rates using a JR X9303 transmitter as an example.
Demonstration of exponentials using a JR X9303 transmitter as an example.
- Switching on and off.
- Propeller style balancing;
- Finding & adjusting blade center of gravity;
- Comparing and adjusting blade weight.
- What is blade tracking;
- How to check tracking;
- How to adjust tracking;
- Other causes of tracking issues.
- Regulators and BECs;
- Servo wire assignments;
- Supplying power to the flight electronics;
- Eliminating ESC BEC.
- Tinning wires;
- Soldering techniques;
- Precautions if soldering batteries;
- Using wire strippers;
- Soldering techniques;
- Removing plastic blow mold flashing;
- Cutting out sections.
- Taking an HS56 servo apart;
- Removing gears and bearings;
- Open bearing re-greasing;
- Installing the new gears;
- Reassembling & testing.
Other setup videos
Using the HDX300 as an example. Note this assumes a particular tail control geometry that may differ from your model.
- Gyro mounting;
- Correct tail rotation;
- Correct tail servo reversing in the transmitter.
- Correct gyro sense setting
- Recognizing heading hold and normal mode.
- Eliminating heading hold 'creep' with trim or subtrim.
Using the Trex 450SEV2 as an example. Note this assumes a particular tail control geometry that may differ from your model.
- Servo horn selection;
- Tail rotor pitch slider neutral position;
- Remote gain control using channel ATVs.
- Remote gain control using Futaba Gyro menu on 7C.
- Servo reversing for gyro gain control channel.
- Setting gyro servo limit.
- Setting servo reversing on transmitter
- Digital servo switch.
- Gyro sense switch.
Share your opinion
blog comments powered by Disqus