ProTek RC Prodigy 66 Quad AC Charger
Each port of the charger can handle up to a 6S Lithium pack, 15 NiCd/NiMH cells or 6 to 12 volt lead acid batteries. Four individual balancing ports eliminate the need for a separate balancer when charging Lithium batteries, while the twin fan cooling system with an internal sensor for controlling fan speed provides the efficiency and safety you have come to expect from ProTek R/C. It can also accept a variety of power inputs including the option of attaching it to a 12-volt car battery or 11–15 volt (20 amp minimum) DC power supply by way of a built in high current XT-60 connector.
The multi-tasking versatility of this charger makes it a perfect fit for nitro and electric modelers, regardless of whether you drive, float or fly. The ProTek R/C “Prodigy 66 Quad AC” charger delivers a complete charging solution for novice and expert enthusiasts, and is backed by the unmatched customer support you receive when you buy any ProTek R/C product.
- Optimized Operating Software: The "Prodigy 66 Quad AC" operating software automatically controls the current rate during the charging or discharging process. This feature helps to prevent the user from overcharging their batteries which could lead to damage or injury. If the charger detects a malfunction, the circuit automatically terminates the process and an alarm will sound. The operating functions are controlled through a two-way communication link in order to maintain maximum safety and minimal errors.
- Independent Internal Lithium Battery Balancers: Each channel features an individual-cell voltage balancer eliminating the need for an external balancer.
- Balancing Individual Cells during Discharge: During the discharge process, the “Prodigy 66 Quad AC” can monitor and balance each lithium cell individually. If the voltage of any single cell is abnormal, an error message will display and the charger will automatically terminate the discharge process.
- Charges Most Popular Lithium Batteries: The “Prodigy 66 Quad AC” is compatible with the three most common Lithium chemistry batteries, Li-Ion, LiPo and LiFe. The programming allows for Fast Charge, Balance Charge or Storage Charge Modes for LiPo, Li-Ion, and LiFe batteries.
- Fast Charge Mode: Reduces charging time, but does not balance the cells. This mode charges the battery to approximately 90% capacity.
- Balance Charge Mode: Monitors individual cell voltage, keeping the cells within an acceptable voltage range. This mode charges the battery to peak capacity.
- Storage Charge Mode: Used for long-term battery storage, this charge mode alters the battery voltage level so the battery will not be damaged during long term storage.
- Delta Peak Technology for Maximum Safety: The automatic charge termination program utilizes Delta-Peak voltage detection. When the battery’s voltage exceeds the threshold, the charge process is automatically terminated.
- Automatic Charging Current Limit: The maximum charge rate can be set manually when charging NiCd or NiMH batteries. The “Prodigy 66 Quad AC” will auto-detect when the batteries are fully charged and shut off, even with low internal resistance NiMH packs.
- Capacity and Processing Time Limit: The charging capacity is calculated as the charging current multiplied by time. If the charging capacity exceeds the maximum limit set by the user, the process will terminate automatically. Additionally, the user can set the maximum amount of charging time and if the charging time exceeds this limit, the process will terminate automatically.
- Temperature Threshold*: The battery’s internal chemical reaction causes the temperature of the battery to rise during the charging process. If the temperature exceeds the limit, the charging process will automatically terminate. *NOTE: The optional temperature sensor cable is not included and must be purchased separately (PTK-5299).
- 5 User Customizable Presets: The charger features 5 individually customizable presets so the user can store the charge and discharge parameters for any particular battery type. These presets can be recalled for the desired battery type without the need for any additional programming.
- Cyclic Charging / Discharging: Batteries can be set to automatically Charge/Discharge or Discharge/Charge up to a maximum of 5 cycles.
- Input Voltage:
- DC: 11 - 15.0V
- AC: 100 - 240V
- Charge Power: 50W
- Discharge Power: 5W
- Discharge Current Range: 0.1~1.0A
- Charge Current Range: 0.1-5.0A
- Current Drain for Balancing LiPo: 300mAh/cell
- Number of Cells:
- NiCd/NiMH: 1 – 15 cells
- LiPo/LiLo/LiFe: 1 – 6 cells
- Pb battery voltage: 2V~20V
- Weight: 1400g (in package)
- (1) Prodigy 66 Quad AC/DC Charger
- (1) DC Power Input Cable
- (1) AC Power Input Cable
- (1) Tamiya Charging Connector
- (1) Receiver Battery Charging Connector
- (1) Alligator Clip Charging Connector
- (2) Bare Wire Connectors
- (2) Battery Clamps
- (3) XH Type LiPo Balance Board
- (3) Balance Board Harness
Share your opinion